Japan, Sendai Mission

Japan, Sendai Mission

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Monday, September 8, 2014


On Monday, September 8, 2014 Sister Johnson wrote:

Hey Momma! Sorry it's the middle of the night for you!

Two months, Momma! TWO MONTHS! Wow. Boy, am I excited! What am I going to do with my two months? I am going to try my best to make it out of this alive! Haha. I know I will live. But will I LIVE?? I want to live. I want to love. I want to make peace. I want to feel peace. I want to be happy. I had a discussion with my companion this week about how we could better work in unity. We have been having it rough for a few days; we tend to have differing opinions on a lot of things. But, we sat down and we talked out our differences, and I feel that we are going to be more understanding of each other in the coming weeks. I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with the gift of love and empathy. It helps a lot in establishing a firm foundation, especially in companion relationships. I love George Shimai so much, and I am so glad that I have the opportunity to work with her here in Kamisugi. I hope that we will be able to see miracles together.

This week was slow. We don't have anyone to teach right now, but we still have a lot of people to love! I was sitting on the stand in sacrament meeting yesterday because I was leading the music, and so I quizzed myself to see how many people in the chapel I could name. I was able to successfully name ALL the members that were in attendance yesterday! It was about 100 people! My heart was filled with love as I looked at each member's face, thought of their name, and thought about my relationship with them. It was a great time for me, and I felt lots of love! :

Nothing really happened here this week... So, I am sorry that I don't have much to tell you. But know that I am happy and healthy, and trying to not think about coming home TOO much. My head is still in Japan. I'm doing my best.

I love you Momma! SO much. Keep on the sunny side of life! These next two months will be faster than we even know! I love you! And! I love Jesus. :)

Love: Shak

No comments:

Post a Comment