Japan, Sendai Mission

Japan, Sendai Mission

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Monday, September 1, 2014


On Monday, September 1, 2014 Sister Johnson Wrote:

Well, I only have an hour today, so I need to write quick! We are going bowling as a district, so we are shortening our email time this week. I am excited, it should be good. Our district really, REALLY needs the bonding time. It doesn't feel like we are working in unity at all here anymore... So, the time to get to know each other and be friends is MUCH needed. I am looking forward to it.

This week was a pretty sad one; we can no longer visit Itosaka San, my beloved friend. Every time we would go to visit her, she would just talk for hours and hours. I loved listening to her, but she really had no interest in our message as missionaries. I am very sad. Itosaka San is my soul sister and I will miss her a lot. But I know that in her, I have found an eternal friend, and I am looking forward to seeing her again someday. She promised me that she would write., so I hope that she does. I cried when we left. It was sad.

Also this week, we attended a funeral. The mother of a less-active brother in our ward suddenly passed away, and so we were asked to attend the funeral to show him support. Sisters Gass, Money, and I were also asked to perform a musical number, so I got to play my cello for people again! It was the first time I have been able to do that since Izumi last year! The Spirit flooded the room as we performed "Come Unto Jesus," and I could feel the love of God in the room. It was a good service and I know that Brother Akiho felt the love. There was also a miracle that came from this funeral! Brother Akiho hadn't been to church in over 20 years, and yesterday he came! He said that he wants to start coming back to church! Yay! From now on, he will be working with the Elders. I am so happy that he felt the love and recognized it.

Last Thursday, Sister George and I with Elders Willey and Slade went to a free Japanese class at the international center here in Sendai. I had heard from Elder Willey that the teacher was super strict, and that he would clean up my Japanese real nice. Little did I know how TRUE that was! Holy cow! The teacher's name is Harada Sensei (teacher), and he kicked my BUTT! Let me tell you. It was hilarious and awesome and my confidence was completely shattered! That makes for a good Japanese class, I think. According to Harada Sensei, my Japanese is wayyyyy too familiar, meaning that I don't use enough polite language when talking with my superiors. I just treat everyone like a friend, what can I say? There was one point when he was showing us the textbook he made for the class from scratch, and I said "O-tsukaresama desu," which is roughly translated to "Wow, you worked hard! Good job!" Apparently you are NEVER EVER supposed to say that to your teacher. He grabbed my head in that moment and said "NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!" Haha. It was hilarious. He really isn't a scary man, even though he sounds scary. He is hilarious and I am looking forward to going to his class again.

On Saturday, we had an activity with the young women in the ward! We made little bow necklaces that are adorable and they all match! The two young women, Ran Chan and Rinako Chan, are so cute and they are hilarious. I love them. It was good to be able to bond with them even more. I love the members in the Kamisugi ward, and I am happy to be here serving and working with them.

Well, there isn't much left to tell! I am still here, and life is still moving. Jesus is still my Savior. I love you all so much and I hope that you have a happy week!

Love,
Love Shak

No comments:

Post a Comment