Japan, Sendai Mission

Japan, Sendai Mission

Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday, April 28, 2014

About the pictures: These are pictures from last week when we went to see sakura with the genki old woman, Goto San! I left my camera at a soba restaurant, and have just recently gotten it back so I don't have any pictures from this week really.

On Monday, April 28, 2014 Sister Johnson wrote:

So, this was a pretty weird week. Last P-Day, we went to the beach with the Elders to play frisbee, and it was terrible weather! It was cold and raining like crazy, and the wind was blowing super hard, but it was really fun! Unfortunately, as a result of being out in the rain, both Alcazar Shimai and I got very sick! We have been sick all week with colds, and so that hasn't been fun! But, we are on the tail-end. I'm still pretty stuffed up, and Alcazar Shimai doesn't really have a voice, but we are feeling genki.

Despite being sick, this was a very good week! We have the most adorable little friend, Yuka Chan. She is 16 and we are doing the Family English Program with her. This week we were able to have two lessons with her, and she came to the big Easter Festival that we had at the Church! Recently, we have been talking a lot about prayer with her. This past lesson, she gave her first prayer! She didn't really know what to say, so she simply said "Heavenly Father, I am grateful that I have a lot of food to eat. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." It was so cute, and so simple, and so perfect! She was very happy afterward. I have had such a wonderful time becoming Yuka Chan's friend. I love Yuka Chan because she is so full of light. You can see the big light that is in her soul whenever you look into her eyes. She is so happy, and has such a zest for life. I really believe that as she comes to realize that she is a divine daughter of loving Heavenly Parents that the light that is in her countenence will grow even bigger. I can feel so much love from her. And I am so glad to have met her.

This week, we had a big Easter festival at the Church! It was like an open house type thing, and a lot of non-members came! It was really great, and we had a wonderful time introducing people to Christ.

That is about it with this week; because we were sick, we didn't have anything super interesting happen. But! We are looking forward to another great week! I absolutely LOVE Sister Alcazar. She is very quickly becoming one of my greatest friends. I am so happy to be serving with her here in this incredible place that is Ishinomaki. I never want to leave.

I love my Savior. I love how I have His authority to cast out darkness and sadness and shed His light on all those with whom I come in contact. My authority is real. It is His authority. I am His hands here in Ishinomaki.

I love you Momma!! I cannot wait to talk to you soon! I will have specifics for the call next week! Have a happy week!

Love, Shak

No comments:

Post a Comment