Japan, Sendai Mission

Japan, Sendai Mission

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Monday, April 14, 2014


On Monday, April 14 Sister Johnson wrote:

No cherry blossoms yet in Ishinomaki! It is still a little bit too cold. But! Come next week, they will be popping out all over the place! Speaking of Ishinomaki, I will be here for at least another 6 weeks! Luk Shimai is transferring to Akita (way up north) and will be companions with my bean chan, Robertson Shimai! My new companion will be a girl from Utah named Alcazar Shimai, who is in her 6th transfer! Three of the Elders are transferring, so that means this district in Ishinomaki is going to be WAY different. But, it will be good! The new district leader is a good friend of mine, Elder Whittle. He knows the way that I like to do things, so I'm hoping that it will be a pretty smooth transition. Yay, Ishinomaki! I really do love this place. The end of this next six weeks will mark my 6 months being here! Woohoo!

This was a really good week! We finally were able to find a new investigator! Her name is Yuka Chan, and she is ADORABLE! She is 16, and is the daughter of a less-active member, Brother Motomura. We are doing the family English program with Yuka Chan, and we are hoping that through her, her Dad will want to come back to Church and that we can see lots of miracles within the Motomura family! I have lots of hope! Our other investigators are doing well; everyone is sad that Luk Shimai is transferring. Me, too. We have become very good friends. But! I know that there are people waiting for her in Akita.

Well, another General Conference has come and gone! I feel at peace about most of the messages that were presented. I especially loved President Monson's talk. All you need is love! I also loved Elder Scott's talk. All you need is love! And simplicity! And I also loved Elder Christofferson's talk. Christ is real! Elder Bednar's talk was also wonderful, all about the Atonement. I also loved President Utchdorf's talks from both the Priesthood session and the General Session. Don't sleep through the Restoration! And the Revolution! Be grateful! Even when you are suffering! Such great messages about the love and peace of the Savior. I am excited for the Liahona to come in the mail so that I can read them again.

I am so grateful that we have leaders in this Church, particularly the First Presidency, that really understand who the Savior is. They understand His perfect love, His perfect empathy, His perfect grace. They understand His Atonement. They understand that ALL who come unto Him will receive the gift of Life and Light. It is reassuring to know that our leaders know the pure simple doctrine of Christ, and that they teach accordingly. This is my goal as a missionary: to teach according to the knowledge I have that Jesus is my Savior. His love is perfect. His love is for EVERYONE. This is my mission, to love as He would love.

Last P-Day, we went as a district to a museum here in Ishinomaki called the Sant Juan Bautista museum. It is an old Japanese/Spanish Pirate ship! It was so COOL! And so much fun!!!! I am convinced that I am a pirate and that I was born into the incorrect time. Piracy is in my genes though, so I guess that is why I felt right at home on that ship. It was very fun.

Well, that is about it for this week! I am excited to stay here in Ishinomaki! I hope that the Lord will assist me and lead me to those whom He has prepared to receive the Gospel.

Please give everyone my love!

Love, Shak

No comments:

Post a Comment