Japan, Sendai Mission

Japan, Sendai Mission

Friday, June 6, 2014

Monday, June 2, 2014


On Monday, June 2, 2014 Sister Johnson wrote:

Hey Momma! It has been quite a busy P-Day, and I don't have that much time. I had to go to the doctor this morning because I have a sty in my left eye. It is super painful and itchy and swollen, and I look super gross. I can't wear make-up and I just feel awful and sick and bleh. Ugh. So that is not fun at all. But! We had a good day. We had a taco party with some members today, and then we went to a nearby mountain and hiked! It was super fun, and I am exhausted.

Yesterday was transfer calls, and Elder Canepari will be transferring to Akita, which is where Luk Shimai transferred! So that is cool. I am so happy that I get to be in Ishinomaki for another transfer working with Alcazar Shimai and with the wonderful Elders and members here!

Thank you so much for the beautiful blessing you sent me. It is amazing the love that I can feel from all of my mothers, from you, from Mother, from my grandmothers, and from my Japanese mothers and grandmothers. So much beautiful divine love. I can feel it all the time. I am blessed with so many angels leading and guiding me everyday and every moment! I really can feel them all the time.

So, I ate whale this week. We went with Elder Whittle and Elder Aono to Sugiyama San's house for lunch, and he made us whale! I felt really sad eating it. And then I felt more sad because it was DELICIOUS. Yeah... I felt like a terrible person, haha. But! It was a new experience, that is for sure. We passed Sugiyama San to the Elders, which made me really sad, but it is okay because we are still really involved with him, and we talk to him a lot. I love Sugiyama San so much. I just love Ishinomaki so much! I was thinking about that the other day; I absolutely love and adore every single person with whom I have come in contact here in Ishinomaki. I really, truly, from the bottom of my heart, love this beautiful wonderful place and all of these beautiful wonderful people.

We had the privilege of having two lessons this week, each with a member present! The first one was with Yuka Chan. A 28 year old from our ward, Taeko Shimai, joined with us. We talked about prayer with Yuka Chan again, and it was so wonderful to watch Taeko Shimai bear a very simple and easy to understand testimony of prayer to Yuka Chan. Yuka Chan was so receptive, and listened to Taeko Shimai very attentively. Yuka Chan still has yet to pray really sincerely, but I know that she is feeling the love of God through us. It was a good lesson.

Then, we had another lesson with Michiru San, who is Brother Utagawa's girlfriend. It was a GREAT lesson! Sister Alcazar led this lesson, and it was SO GOOD. Alcazar Shimai has a way of making people feel very comfortable and so at-home. She is so full of love, and it was so easy to feel in our lesson with Michiru San. We talked to Michiru San about prayer, also. She has never prayed before, but she agreed to pray once with Utagawa Kyodai this week, and once again on her own. She is also pretty receptive to the message, I think. She was opening up a lot more this time around. I am looking forward to seeing her again.

We have started doing frisbee activities about twice a week, and this last week, we had our Nepalese friends who own the Indian Curry restaurant come and participate. It was SO MUCH FUN! They are absolutely HILARIOUS. I love having Nepalese friends. They told us that next week, they want us to come in during break hours, and they will teach us how to make naan! How awesome is that?? I am excited.

Well... that is about it for this week I think. I am so grateful that I have the chance to still be here in Ishinomaki. I love it so much, and I am so grateful to be here doing the Savior's work. This really is His field. I can feel His love fill me every time I talk with people here. It is really an amazing thing. The Savior lives. He loves us all. One Love.

I love you Momma. I hope you have a happy day at work!

Love, Shak

No comments:

Post a Comment