Japan, Sendai Mission

Japan, Sendai Mission

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Monday, December 2, 2013


On Monday, December 2, 2013 Sister Johnson wrote:

I wasn't feeling too hot yesterday, but now I'm all back to normal! It's amazing how quickly you can heal from ailments as a missionary. I am grateful!

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving was interesting. It's been Christmas in Japan for the last month already, so I actually didn't really remember it was Thanksgiving. But when I did, I felt very grateful for two things. First, for the love of my Savior. Second, for my very special family who knows more about the Savior than most people do. I am so very grateful for those two things. I am so blessed. I cooked spaghetti and sauce from scratch for Robertson Shimai and I. It was oishii.

This week was really great for one reason: we had an investigator at church yesterday!! It was the first time Aizu has had an investigator come to church in a very, very long time! Iriya, the 9-year-old of the Arai family, and his little sister Mari came to church! They came for the whole thing! They absolutely loved primary and they made some friends. We invited the whole family to come, but Arai San has to work basically all the time (he owns a pet hotel in his house), so he couldn't come. But, when we taught them this week, Arai San prayed at the end of the lesson!! How great is that?! I am so grateful for this family, and for the opportunity we have to teach them. Right now, I desire nothing more than to see them make and keep sacred covenants and be together as a family forever.

Not much else is going on. We've been spending a lot of time traveling lately. We had zone meeting last week, and we have zone conference tomorrow, so we're headed to Sendai when we get done emailing. Guess what I found in Sendai? A Doc Marten's store. How awesome is that?! Japan is so cool! I love this place.

Oh, My bike is a piece. I hate it. But I can't complain because I'd rather be on a piece bike than on foot all the time. I wish I could buy some new tires for it. The tires we have are so bad, it's ridiculous. I'm sick and tired of slipping on rain gutters. It's terrifying. But, anyway. I'm thankful I at least have a bike. And my saddle is tougher than ever.

I did get your package this week, and it has brought me SO MUCH JOY! Thank you for everything Momma! The tights were a life-saver, and I LOVE the snowflake lights! I turn them on all the time! They are so cool! Thank you! And for the pictures! You and Dad are so hip. I love it so much.

Well Momma, I love you so very much. I hope you know that! I need to write President Rasmussen now, but always remember that I love you!

Oh yeah, and I'm trying to figure out Skype, but transfers are next week, and I have NO idea what is going to happen... So yeah. I'll let you know next week!

Love you! Love Jesus!

Love, Shak Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment