Japan, Sendai Mission

Japan, Sendai Mission

Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16, 2013



On Monday, September 16 Sister Johnson wrote:

Ohayo gozaimasu!!!!

So yeah, changes! I am being transferred! :D I will be going to Aizuwakamatsu, which is a town south west of Fukishima, so it's about three-ish hours from Izumi! I ship out tomorrow! I will again be in a trio, which will be hard, but I hope it will be good! I will be with Sister Morita, who is in her fifth transfer, and is ADORABLE! She is the most fun Nihonjin I've met, so I'm way excited! Together, we will be training a brand-new gaijin sister! Well, Sister Morita is the official trainer, and I will be the "senior companion," I guess! But it will be so much fun! Another cool thing: Aizuwakamatsu has never had sisters before, so we will be opening the area, just like we did here in Izumi! Right now, there are four Elders in Aizu, and so with their help, it should be a smooth transition. I am way sad to be leaving Izumi because the members are so strong and fantastic here, but I am really excited to go serve out in the sticks! It should be a good, fun experience, and I am looking forward to it very much. Both Kubota and Takata Shimai will be staying in Izumi, and both of them will be training brand-new missionaries! Two of the Elders will be training also, so there will be four brand-new missionaries in Izumi! That will be nuts. Well, I'm pretty excited. Thank you for your prayers! Even though I won't be in a companionship, I know that this will be a good experience. I am looking forward to it.

I have been praying for Colorado because of all the flooding! Browne Shimai in my ward was telling me all about it. She's from Loveland, and so she's feeling very sad too. I hope that everyone will be okay! Roads and all! It sounds scary. Speaking of rain, right now, as I type, we are in the middle of a big taifun (typhoon)! The rain is absolutely INSANE, and we've almost been blown off our bikes a few times. Crazy! But, we are planning to spend most of the day inside because I need to pack like a crazy person. We head to the mission home tomorrow, and then to Aizu on Wednesday after we pick up our bean. Yay!

So, this week was good! We had zone conference, which was great. President Rasmussen wants to see 25 baptisms by the end of the fourth quarter, so he is asking for lots of hard work, and I'm ready to get to it! He has asked us all to sacrifice something to show the willingness we have to the Lord, so I will not be drinking Coke Zero until January first! (Hopefully...) That will be very hard for me. We'll see how it goes. On Thursday, we had another opportunity to have another concert at that little restaurant where we performed before, and it was absolutely wonderful! It felt great to play, even though I can feel my technique going the way of all the earth...haha. But it was great, and we were able to really feel the Spirit through the music we performed. There was no immediate result of that concert, but I hope that someday, someone in that room will accept the Savior, Jesus Christ, and that they will remember how they felt that day during the music that was performed. I hope that works out!

So, this whole week, I had a feeling that I would be transferring. I was spending a lot of time thinking about what I've learned here in Izumi, and as I sat pondering in Sacrament meeting yesterday, I had a very wonderful, profound, comforting experience. I was reading hymn 230, which is called "Scatter Sunshine," and as I was reading the words, I felt a voice in my head, a very calm and comforting voice. The voice said, "This is who you are, Sister Johnson. You are a happy fire. I have given you this bright burning light because I need you to use it on behalf of those you will meet in your next area." It was the voice of my Savior, reminding me of one wonderful gift He has given me to be a beacon for those who do not know Him yet. He needs me to be a burning light, a beacon of love and optimism. So, my motto and goal for my next area is to enrich and strengthen my happy fire. I am excited to do so, and I will be placing my trust more fully in the Savior, and taking Him by the hand, so that He can guide me. With His help, we will be able to find those whom He has prepared to hear and receive the fullness of His everlasting Gospel. I love my Savior. He trusts me, and is just waiting for me to trust Him.

1. In a world where sorrow
Ever will be known,
Where are found the needy
And the sad and lone,
How much joy and comfort
You can all bestow,
If you scatter sunshine
Ev'rywhere you go.

(Chorus)
Scatter sunshine all along your way.
Cheer and bless and brighten
Ev'ry passing day.
Scatter sunshine all along your way.
Cheer and bless and brighten
Ev'ry passing day.
Scatter the smiles and sunshine all along over your way.
Cheer and bless and brighten
Ev'ry passing, passing day.

2. Slightest actions often
Meet the sorest needs,
For the world wants daily
Little kindly deeds.
Oh, what care and sorrow
You may help remove,
With your songs and courage,
Sympathy and love.

3. When the days are gloomy,
Sing some happy song;
Meet the world's repining
With a courage strong.
Go with faith undaunted
Thru the ills of life;
Scatter smiles and sunshine
O'er its toil and strife.

Happy anniversary to you and Dad! I hope that you will be safe in Glenwood, with all the flooding and such. I love you so much, and I miss you. I got your card this week, and it was very great to hear from you. I think that as soon as I find out where I live, I will give you that address so you can send me things directly. The mission home takes money out of my account for forwarding mail, so maybe we shouldn't do that anymore... I'll let you know next week. I adore the picture of you and Jada and Sylvie! I miss those adorable girls, and George! I printed the picture of him and cardboard Shakira because it is SO CUTE! Love, love.

Have you ever considered reading the four Gospels in the New Testament? I know that I wouldn't have been able to make it through the last 12 weeks without the light I gained from those books. I love studying the Savior, and trying to pattern my life after Him. It brought me so much hope.

Well, that's about it, really. Please keep me in your prayers (I know you already do) as we make this transfer that all will go smoothly!

I love you more than words can say!
-Johnson Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment